Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday {June 2023}

Happy last Wednesday of the month! How are we already here?? The last Wednesday of the month means...What's Up Wednesday with Sheaffer and Shay! 

1: WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK: 

Monday night we had chicken caesar salad wraps...frozen chicken tenders and a bagged caesar kit all rolled up on a tortilla! Yum!

Last night I made crab cakes, and they were SO GOOD. I started out with Shay's recipe, but I added about a 1/2 cup of mayo, some Old Bay seasoning, and a little fresh lemon juice. I baked them in the oven on 375 degrees four about 25 minutes. Per Shay's recommendation, I served them with some pesto penne! We also used Redbone Alley Nawlins' Remoulade to dip them. They were way easier than I thought they would be! 

Tonight we're having Shay's Pepperoni Ranch Pasta Salad with a sandwich.

Tomorrow night we'll have fish tacos. 

Friday night, well.....probably Mexican😂.

2: WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT: 

This past weekend....

3: WHAT I'M LOVING:

I've never really been one to care that I was super pale, even in the middle of summer. I value my skin way more than a tan. You can always find me under an umbrella with TONS of sunscreen on! BUT, this past weekend something changed. What that is, I have no clue😂. I used some of my sister's self tanner and really loved it. I really don't know if I'll even have a chance to go to the pool or beach this summer. So, I decided to grab some Jergens Natural Glow at the store to try and keep up a little of the tan. I guess I'm loving tan skin lately😂.

4: WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:

Well...I quit my job and decided to go back to school😳. QUITE an eventful few months it has been since deciding that! And Caleb has been working non stop....other than that I feel like we're constantly doing laundry and cleaning up the kitchen. Adulting! 

5: WHAT I'M DREADING: 

I can honestly say there is nothing I'm dreading right now! I'll take that as a win! 

6: WHAT I'M WORKING ON: 

Finishing up my book, so I can finish up my June Book Review!

7: WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT: 

We are going on a cruise in December with Caleb's family, and although I've been SO nervous about it, and I even tried to back out of it last week, I'm now really excited about it!! All of your cruise tips are welcomed! 

8: WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING: 

My June Book Review will go live tomorrow!! I'll be rushing to finish up my last book all day tomorrow! 

I'm also still reading my Bible! Not everyday lately, but I'm still doing The Bible Recap. I've just gotten really far behind, unfortunately. I'm trying to do better with it, though! 

9: WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: 

Well, I haven't changed any in the last month, so I'm still listening to Taylor Swift. Constantly. 😂

10: WHAT I'M WEARING: 

It is HOT in Mississippi already, so I'm trying to stay as cool as possible in lots and lots of dresses! Here are two recent faves...

Pink Amazon dress

English Factory dress

11: WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND: 

I'm off on Monday and Tuesday, so I'll be headed to my mom's for the weekend. My plan for Monday is to get a new passport, get a new phone, and go spend the rest of my bridal credit at the store I did my wedding registry at! Big ambitions for that day! 

12: WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH: 

Well....my last day of work is at the end of July, so YAY! Then, I'm headed to Nashville with my sister and her boyfriend to go visit our dad. I can't wait for all the good food and shopping!! And then Caleb's birthday is at the end of July. Lots to do next month!!

13: FAVORITE AMAZON PURCHASE THIS MONTH: 

Hands down, these face towels! I have always hated using hand towels to dry my face. I refuse to use one that's been used- all I can think about is bacteria! These make it SO much easier. Plus, they are biodegradable! I like the XL better, and went ahead and set up an auto shipment, so I never have to worry about reordering or running out. 

Comments

  1. Congrats on going back to school - that's a big jump! That pesto penne looks really good. Love your dresses too they are really cute. Hope you have a fantastic summer!
    -Morgan @mommyaboveall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a fantastic summer, too!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea- I've never thought of making crab cakes before. YUM! Good luck on going back to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really thought about making them, either! They were sooo easy though. Thank you so much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Look: December 2023

  Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with  Shay  and  Erika  to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives... In January, we LOOKED at  Scheduling/Organizing. In February, we LOOKED at  What's In Our Medicine Cabinets.   In March, we LOOKED at our  All Time Favorite Amazon Finds.   In April, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Pet Peeves.   In May, we LOOKED at our  Morning Routines. In June, we LOOKED at our  Best Travel Tips. In July, we LOOKED at our  New Summer Finds. I missed out on August 😕. In September, we LOOKED at our  Evening Routines. In October, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT). In November, we LOOKED at our Stocking Stuffers. And for the last topic of 2023, we are "looking" at our TOP COMFORTS in life!  I'm a big believer in making the most of every single day, so here are a few things that truly "make" my day!  My famil

Friday Favorites {9.1.23}

  Happy Friday!! Happy SEPTEMBER!! And happy Labor Day weekend! Lots of HAPPY on this Friday morning!  As always, I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to bring you some faves from the week!  Well, I couldn't hold out any longer... Yesterday I put out the fall decor! (I'll have a full fall "home tour" up soon!) Isn't this just so cozy?? It may be 90 degrees outside, but inside my home you'd never know!  All the PUMPKIN coffees.  My favorite Starbucks order is a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. Once it gets a lot cooler, I'll switch to a hot PSL.  My morning coffee though...  I added a little pumpkin spice to the top! This mug is just so happy! (I can't find my exact one, but it was $5 at Target! (This one is similar, and I might even like it a little better!) If you caught my What's Up Wednesday post earlier this week, then you probably know that this.... is my favorite night gown!! I've washed it several times, though I don't recommend putti

Friday Favorites {12.8.23}

  Happy Friday, friends!! Today I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to bring you some favorites from my week!  If you missed yesterday's post, it was my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY! One year ago, I set out to do something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I have loved this year of blogging! If you come here each week to read my blog, THANK YOU!! I appreciate your support more than you know!  I have loved the truffles from Aldi, so when I saw these chocolates I knew I had to try them. They are AMAZING. I've been eating a bit of some each night after dinner! If you see them, grab them!  I think I feel more like an adult when I have fresh flowers in the kitchen 😂. These red carnations are so cheerful!  A couple months ago, Caleb decided we needed an espresso machine...so on Black Friday he found one on a pretty good deal and went for it. We're considering it our Christmas to each other 😉. Friends, I mean it when I say if I never go back to Starbucks again, I would