Skip to main content

Weekend Recap

 

Hello Monday! Happy Memorial Day, friends! May we all remember and honor who and what this day is really about. I am grateful today and every day for the many men and women who have lost their lives fighting for our country. 

Friday after I got home from work, we went out to eat...and then I had to get a new car battery😩. Ugh! But we were so glad that we decided to take my car to dinner, otherwise this would have happened to me before work on Saturday morning! 

On Saturday, Caleb and I both had to work. When I got home from work, I unloaded the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen. 

Have I mentioned that I love a clean kitchen?? 

Sunday morning we decided to just sleep in. I think we both woke up around 8. 

I got up and made my coffee and did a few days of The Bible Recap. I'm about a week behind😬. 

I put out our flag...

And then I....

Got back in bed to read for a bit😊.

I read for about an hour before I got ready for the day. 

My OOTD for running tons of errands! 

And of course a Gresham stack. 

We went to Ulta, Marshall's, Lowe's, Aldi, Kroger. Then home to unload groceries. 

I made blackberry-peach freezer jam! 

I'm usually not really a tomato person, but (of course) Tik Tok has influenced me to try a tomato sandwich. and these looked really good! 

And then we went back to Lowe's and Aldi....

I've been eyeing this patio set for a few months, and we finally took the plunge today. We also found a fire pit at Aldi and decided to go back for it. 

I read for a while on the back porch. 

I typed this post on the back porch. 

I think we'll be spending lots of time on the back porch this summer, hopefully anyway! 

Have a safe and blessed Memorial Day! I'll meet you back here tomorrow morning for my May book review! Can you believe we're already at the end of another month??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Look: December 2023

  Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with  Shay  and  Erika  to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives... In January, we LOOKED at  Scheduling/Organizing. In February, we LOOKED at  What's In Our Medicine Cabinets.   In March, we LOOKED at our  All Time Favorite Amazon Finds.   In April, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Pet Peeves.   In May, we LOOKED at our  Morning Routines. In June, we LOOKED at our  Best Travel Tips. In July, we LOOKED at our  New Summer Finds. I missed out on August 😕. In September, we LOOKED at our  Evening Routines. In October, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT). In November, we LOOKED at our Stocking Stuffers. And for the last topic of 2023, we are "looking" at our TOP COMFORTS in life!  I'm a big believer in making the most of every single day, so here are a few things that truly "make" my day!  My famil

Friday Favorites {9.1.23}

  Happy Friday!! Happy SEPTEMBER!! And happy Labor Day weekend! Lots of HAPPY on this Friday morning!  As always, I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to bring you some faves from the week!  Well, I couldn't hold out any longer... Yesterday I put out the fall decor! (I'll have a full fall "home tour" up soon!) Isn't this just so cozy?? It may be 90 degrees outside, but inside my home you'd never know!  All the PUMPKIN coffees.  My favorite Starbucks order is a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. Once it gets a lot cooler, I'll switch to a hot PSL.  My morning coffee though...  I added a little pumpkin spice to the top! This mug is just so happy! (I can't find my exact one, but it was $5 at Target! (This one is similar, and I might even like it a little better!) If you caught my What's Up Wednesday post earlier this week, then you probably know that this.... is my favorite night gown!! I've washed it several times, though I don't recommend putti

Friday Favorites {12.8.23}

  Happy Friday, friends!! Today I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to bring you some favorites from my week!  If you missed yesterday's post, it was my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY! One year ago, I set out to do something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I have loved this year of blogging! If you come here each week to read my blog, THANK YOU!! I appreciate your support more than you know!  I have loved the truffles from Aldi, so when I saw these chocolates I knew I had to try them. They are AMAZING. I've been eating a bit of some each night after dinner! If you see them, grab them!  I think I feel more like an adult when I have fresh flowers in the kitchen 😂. These red carnations are so cheerful!  A couple months ago, Caleb decided we needed an espresso machine...so on Black Friday he found one on a pretty good deal and went for it. We're considering it our Christmas to each other 😉. Friends, I mean it when I say if I never go back to Starbucks again, I would