Skip to main content

Let's Look: September 2024

 Hey, friends! I hope you are having a great week so far! Today is the September edition of Let's Look. But before I get into that, I want to talk a bit about today, September 11.

Today is the 23rd anniversary of the attacks on 9/11. I was only one year old when this happened, so I obviously do not remember where I was or what I was doing or anything from this day. All I know is because of the people who continue to honor to victims and the heroes of this day. I have had the honor of visiting the memorial and museum in NYC twice now, and both times I have been were such an incredible experience. Visiting there is heavy. It is sad. It's informative. It's also beautiful to see how our country came together in such an awful time.

I love this picture that I took on my last visit. The leaves in the picture are from a tree that survived everything from that day 23 years ago. It was transported to a greenhouse for a while, but it was eventually moved back, and I loved that I could see the One World Trade Center through the branches.

I also love this quote that is on a wall in the museum. "No day shall erase you from the memory of time." May we never forget.

I am linking up with Erika and Shay today for Let's Look! Here's a recap of what we have "looked" at so far in 2024......

In January, we "looked" at How We Clean Our Closets.

In February, we "looked" at Little Things We Do Every Single Day.

In March, we "looked" at Our Grocery Carts.

In April, we "looked" at Our Daily Quiet Time.

In May, we "looked" at Our Summer Closet Staples.

In June, we "looked" at Our Summer Schedule.

In July, we "looked" at Podcasts and Shows We Binge.

I was on vacation for the August edition, but I'm here today and we are "looking" at..........

OUR QUICK WEEKNIGHT DINNERS.

Last night for dinner, we had my easy and QUICK Goat Cheese and Penne. This is one of our very favorite meals. It's always a hit!

We LOVE a frozen pizza.

I've mentioned before how much we love Beagle Bagel! We love getting pimento cheese, tuna salad, pasta salad, and their bagel chips to go for a super easy dinner. If only there was a location in Starkville......

The easiest- and quickest!- red beans and rice!! This is on our menu for this week! I feel like saying it's easy doesn't even begin to describe just how easy it is- ha!

Now that we are moving into fall, slow cooker soups are going to be my go to! Shay has some great slow cooker recipes on here blog- my favorite is her Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tortilla! (I use a rotisserie chicken to make it extra easy!)

P.S.- Chick-fil-a is always a good idea πŸ˜‰. Mobile order for the win!

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites {12.8.23}

  Happy Friday, friends!! Today I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to bring you some favorites from my week!  If you missed yesterday's post, it was my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY! One year ago, I set out to do something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I have loved this year of blogging! If you come here each week to read my blog, THANK YOU!! I appreciate your support more than you know!  I have loved the truffles from Aldi, so when I saw these chocolates I knew I had to try them. They are AMAZING. I've been eating a bit of some each night after dinner! If you see them, grab them!  I think I feel more like an adult when I have fresh flowers in the kitchen πŸ˜‚. These red carnations are so cheerful!  A couple months ago, Caleb decided we needed an espresso machine...so on Black Friday he found one on a pretty good deal and went for it. We're considering it our Christmas to each other πŸ˜‰. Friends, I mean it when I say if I never go back to Starbucks again, I would

Let's Look: December 2023

  Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with  Shay  and  Erika  to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives... In January, we LOOKED at  Scheduling/Organizing. In February, we LOOKED at  What's In Our Medicine Cabinets.   In March, we LOOKED at our  All Time Favorite Amazon Finds.   In April, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Pet Peeves.   In May, we LOOKED at our  Morning Routines. In June, we LOOKED at our  Best Travel Tips. In July, we LOOKED at our  New Summer Finds. I missed out on August πŸ˜•. In September, we LOOKED at our  Evening Routines. In October, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT). In November, we LOOKED at our Stocking Stuffers. And for the last topic of 2023, we are "looking" at our TOP COMFORTS in life!  I'm a big believer in making the most of every single day, so here are a few things that truly "make" my day!  My famil

Let's Look: November 2023

Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with  Shay  and  Erika  to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives... In January, we LOOKED at  Scheduling/Organizing. In February, we LOOKED at  What's In Our Medicine Cabinets.   In March, we LOOKED at our  All Time Favorite Amazon Finds.   In April, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Pet Peeves.   In May, we LOOKED at our  Morning Routines. In June, we LOOKED at our  Best Travel Tips. In July, we LOOKED at our  New Summer Finds. I missed out on August πŸ˜•. In September, we LOOKED at our  Evening Routines. In October, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT). Today, we are switching up November and December's topics and discussing.... OUR STOCKING STUFFERS!  Caleb and I don't really have anywhere to hang stocking in our house, soooo we don't do a stocking for each other. However, SantaπŸ˜‰ has always done a stocking f