Skip to main content

Charleston Eats!

 Happy Thursday, friends! Today's post is 100% dedicated to the food we ate in Charleston. If you missed my trip recaps, you can find those HERE.

When we first got to Charleston, we were pretty hungry. We googled places to eat and decided on Bumpa's. Here's what we ate there.....

We started with pretzels and cheese. The pretzels almost tasted like a french toast stick. It was different, but we really loved it!

The waitress was AWESOME. I wish so badly I knew her name. But, she explained the menu to us and detail and suggested that if we were to get some of their loaded fries, we share. Because they are huge. Good grief, they were bigger than huge! We had tons leftover, but they really were so good.

I got a hot honey chicken sandwich (with pickles!). The pickles were so good! The sandwich was good, too. We really liked this place!

I was really in the mood for sushi, so we found Shiki.

I got the spicy tuna roll, Caleb got a lemon jalapeรฑo roll (recommended by the waitress!), and we also go the bagel roll. We loved all three! I especv ially loved the spicy tuna, and I now know that I like lemon on sushi. It gives it a little something extra!

Duck Donuts for something sweet!

Caleb got peanut butter and chocolate, and mine had hot fudge and crushed Oreos. These donuts are made to order, so they were hot and fresh! SO good!

Ok, this was in Pawley's Island, so I'm terribly sorry if you plan a trip to Charleston and do not want to go an hour out of the way. But it might be worth it. They had probably 50+ flavors to choose from. It's called Paradice Homemade Ice Cream.

I got dark chocolate and Caleb got Butterfinger. I mean, it's like a minute from Mimi Seabrook, so you could also do some shopping should you decide to go!

The place we ate lunch in Pawley's Island was not great, and I didn't even get a picture of my food. So, I cannot recommend it. My mom and step-dad ate at Bistro 217 when they were there and really liked it.

Ok, now for my favorite place we ate all week! Matador!

The chips and salsa were delish! And so was the watermelon marg.

For my meal, I got the poblano carnitas burrito, and my goodness. It was the best burrito I have ever had. If I go back to Charleston, I am going to have to eat here. And you should too!

Next up, Hyman's Seafood.

We started with oysters. They were good but not great.

We shared a plate of fried shrimp and Caribbean jerk grouper with fries and hush puppies. Caleb loved the fish, I did not. But, I'm not really a big fish eater. I did really like the shrimp, though.

For dessert, we got key lime pie. My mom's best friend makes the BEST key lime pie, so I don't know why we thought we should get this. It had almost an artificial lime taste to me. I'm not sure what the sauce was, but it was good.

Caleb wanted pizza one night, so we found New York City Pizza.

The mozzarella sticks were just ok to me. Caleb loved them!

The pizza was fabulous!! We did sausage and mushrooms. Also, the ranch was amazing!

Ok, now for the day I got sick. Bleh. But, we ate at Sunsets at Shem Creek.

These oysters were fine. They were not worth $40. Caleb said he's going to start asking market price now- ha!

I had a lobster roll that was good, but now I cannot think of eating one again, maybe ever. Ugh. Another thing to note, the music outside was incredibly loud. Like SO loud. That was annoying. AND our waiter was also the bartender, and he was not attentive at all. Because he was bartending. We tried to get our check from another waitress, but she couldn't help us. One more thing to note, I really wanted to eat there for their sushi, but when we got there we found out they do not serve sushi until 4. We personally just had a bad experience here. I'm not sure that it would be like this for everyone, but I really just cannot recommend it.

And for the last place we ate....Chili's. Yep. We went to Chili's. HA!

Chips and salsa (plus skillet queso!) is our go to!

I got the triple dipper with egg rolls, honey chipotle crispers, and lemon pepper boneless wings. YUM. Sometimes, you just need Chili's, right?!

For dessert, we stumbled upon Park Circle Creamery.

The ice cream was good, but I forgot a picture. It was not nearly as good as Paradice in Pawley's, though!

Ok, that was all the food we ate in Charleston! Now I'm dying for a burrito from Matador and dark chocolate ice cream from Paradice! Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites {12.8.23}

  Happy Friday, friends!! Today I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to bring you some favorites from my week!  If you missed yesterday's post, it was my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY! One year ago, I set out to do something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I have loved this year of blogging! If you come here each week to read my blog, THANK YOU!! I appreciate your support more than you know!  I have loved the truffles from Aldi, so when I saw these chocolates I knew I had to try them. They are AMAZING. I've been eating a bit of some each night after dinner! If you see them, grab them!  I think I feel more like an adult when I have fresh flowers in the kitchen ๐Ÿ˜‚. These red carnations are so cheerful!  A couple months ago, Caleb decided we needed an espresso machine...so on Black Friday he found one on a pretty good deal and went for it. We're considering it our Christmas to each other ๐Ÿ˜‰. Friends, I mean it when I say if I never go back to Starbucks again, I would

Let's Look: December 2023

  Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with  Shay  and  Erika  to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives... In January, we LOOKED at  Scheduling/Organizing. In February, we LOOKED at  What's In Our Medicine Cabinets.   In March, we LOOKED at our  All Time Favorite Amazon Finds.   In April, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Pet Peeves.   In May, we LOOKED at our  Morning Routines. In June, we LOOKED at our  Best Travel Tips. In July, we LOOKED at our  New Summer Finds. I missed out on August ๐Ÿ˜•. In September, we LOOKED at our  Evening Routines. In October, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT). In November, we LOOKED at our Stocking Stuffers. And for the last topic of 2023, we are "looking" at our TOP COMFORTS in life!  I'm a big believer in making the most of every single day, so here are a few things that truly "make" my day!  My famil

Let's Look: November 2023

Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with  Shay  and  Erika  to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives... In January, we LOOKED at  Scheduling/Organizing. In February, we LOOKED at  What's In Our Medicine Cabinets.   In March, we LOOKED at our  All Time Favorite Amazon Finds.   In April, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Pet Peeves.   In May, we LOOKED at our  Morning Routines. In June, we LOOKED at our  Best Travel Tips. In July, we LOOKED at our  New Summer Finds. I missed out on August ๐Ÿ˜•. In September, we LOOKED at our  Evening Routines. In October, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT). Today, we are switching up November and December's topics and discussing.... OUR STOCKING STUFFERS!  Caleb and I don't really have anywhere to hang stocking in our house, soooo we don't do a stocking for each other. However, Santa๐Ÿ˜‰ has always done a stocking f