Skip to main content

Olive and June Review

 Happy Thursday, friends! I have mentioned a couple of times that I recently tried Olive and June nail polish. So, today I am giving you a full review!

I bought one of their Long Lasting shades in Strawberry Scone and their Super Glossy Top Coat. I thought the color was similar to one of my favorite Essie shades, Ballet Slippers. It took me four coats to get a transparent color. It was a sheer shade, so I expected it to take several coats. I'm not sure if this caused it to chip more quickly or if it was my lack of prep before applying the shade. I also did not use a base coat which felt really weird! Their shades have basically a "built in" base coat, so you can use a separate base coat, but it isn't necessary.

Last Wednesday, I did all of the necessary prep to my nails....I pushed back my cuticles, clipped any that needed it, filed my nails, and used a cuticle cream. On Thursday, I painted them.

I used an OPI shade (CIA=Color Is Awesome) and the Olive and June top coat, and y'all. This is Wednesday (yesterday), almost a full week later! I am so impressed, because I have never gotten this much wear from any other top coat! They are certainly not perfect, but I think they look pretty great for an at home manicure! They have stayed very shiny in my opinion- this picture is with the flash on, so you can see every minor imperfection (like scratches in the polish). Plus, I have had no chips!

I have really learned the importance of nail prep, capping the "free edge" on every layer, and letting every single layer dry before applying the next one! I think all of these things together have helped me get a long lasting mani! I like to change my polish colors up quite a bit, so lasting a week is pretty good in my book!

I ordered some of their sticky tab press on nails, so I'm excited to try those out and let y'all know how they work. I do want to find something that will last me for a week or so long vacation, especially the beach. The ocean and pool are real hard on polish, but I want to have cute beachy nails, ya know?!

Have a great day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites {12.8.23}

  Happy Friday, friends!! Today I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to bring you some favorites from my week!  If you missed yesterday's post, it was my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY! One year ago, I set out to do something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I have loved this year of blogging! If you come here each week to read my blog, THANK YOU!! I appreciate your support more than you know!  I have loved the truffles from Aldi, so when I saw these chocolates I knew I had to try them. They are AMAZING. I've been eating a bit of some each night after dinner! If you see them, grab them!  I think I feel more like an adult when I have fresh flowers in the kitchen ๐Ÿ˜‚. These red carnations are so cheerful!  A couple months ago, Caleb decided we needed an espresso machine...so on Black Friday he found one on a pretty good deal and went for it. We're considering it our Christmas to each other ๐Ÿ˜‰. Friends, I mean it when I say if I never go back to Starbucks again, I would

Let's Look: December 2023

  Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with  Shay  and  Erika  to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives... In January, we LOOKED at  Scheduling/Organizing. In February, we LOOKED at  What's In Our Medicine Cabinets.   In March, we LOOKED at our  All Time Favorite Amazon Finds.   In April, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Pet Peeves.   In May, we LOOKED at our  Morning Routines. In June, we LOOKED at our  Best Travel Tips. In July, we LOOKED at our  New Summer Finds. I missed out on August ๐Ÿ˜•. In September, we LOOKED at our  Evening Routines. In October, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT). In November, we LOOKED at our Stocking Stuffers. And for the last topic of 2023, we are "looking" at our TOP COMFORTS in life!  I'm a big believer in making the most of every single day, so here are a few things that truly "make" my day!  My famil

Let's Look: November 2023

Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with  Shay  and  Erika  to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives... In January, we LOOKED at  Scheduling/Organizing. In February, we LOOKED at  What's In Our Medicine Cabinets.   In March, we LOOKED at our  All Time Favorite Amazon Finds.   In April, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Pet Peeves.   In May, we LOOKED at our  Morning Routines. In June, we LOOKED at our  Best Travel Tips. In July, we LOOKED at our  New Summer Finds. I missed out on August ๐Ÿ˜•. In September, we LOOKED at our  Evening Routines. In October, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT). Today, we are switching up November and December's topics and discussing.... OUR STOCKING STUFFERS!  Caleb and I don't really have anywhere to hang stocking in our house, soooo we don't do a stocking for each other. However, Santa๐Ÿ˜‰ has always done a stocking f