Skip to main content

Monthly Musings {August 2024}

 Happy Thursday, friends! I'm here to link up with Holly and Patty for Monthly Musings!

Here are the questions for August!

1. Do you meal plan?

This depends on my mood for the week ๐Ÿ˜‚. Sometimes yes, sometimes nope.

2. Back to school traditions.

When I was growing up, we always went out to eat the night before the first day of school. We also got new school clothes and shoes. I loved that so much!

3. Clothes and supplies shopping.

Well, since I don't have kids, I'll do this for my clothes and supplies. Y'all know I love Mimi Seabrook and Nordstrom for all my clothes! 

As far as school supplies, I usually just get new flair pens from Walmart. I also love Tul notebooks and pens from Office Depot.

4. How I transition my wardrobe to fall.

Lots of basics!! Basic tees that can paired with shorts or jeans. Add a cardigan. BAM. My favorite outfit ever since 2016. Ha!

Short dresses that are long sleeved are also great to transition from end of summer to fall.

5. Anymore end of summer trips?

No more trips for us for this summer.

6. Do schools start before or after Labor Day?

The schools here (and when I was growing up) always start at the beginning of August.

7. Labor Day Weekend plans?

Put out the fall decor ๐Ÿ˜‰.

8. White after Labor Day?

Yep. I threw all care out the window a few years ago and just wear white all year.

A sweater with white jeans is one of my favorite things to wear!

9. PSL asap or wait?

ASAP.

I had my first one this past Saturday ๐Ÿ™‚.

10. Back to school tips.

I like to write down all of my assignments for the week and make sure to include due dates. I like to be able to cross things off of a list. It definitely helps me to stay organized!

Here's a look at my week this week!

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!

Comments

  1. Ok I am LOVING that outfit- perfect transition pieces- the white jeans look amazing with that sweater-thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of lists and crossing things off; somehow my boys all manage to keep their schoolwork and due dates in their heads... I could never do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, how do they do it??? Dates get all jumbled in my head!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the idea of going out to dinner the night before school starts. Love the dress w boots outfit. Thanks for joining us!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. My transition outfits are the same -- a lot of t-shirts and cardigans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites {12.8.23}

  Happy Friday, friends!! Today I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to bring you some favorites from my week!  If you missed yesterday's post, it was my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY! One year ago, I set out to do something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I have loved this year of blogging! If you come here each week to read my blog, THANK YOU!! I appreciate your support more than you know!  I have loved the truffles from Aldi, so when I saw these chocolates I knew I had to try them. They are AMAZING. I've been eating a bit of some each night after dinner! If you see them, grab them!  I think I feel more like an adult when I have fresh flowers in the kitchen ๐Ÿ˜‚. These red carnations are so cheerful!  A couple months ago, Caleb decided we needed an espresso machine...so on Black Friday he found one on a pretty good deal and went for it. We're considering it our Christmas to each other ๐Ÿ˜‰. Friends, I mean it when I say if I never go back to Starbucks again, I would

Let's Look: December 2023

  Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with  Shay  and  Erika  to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives... In January, we LOOKED at  Scheduling/Organizing. In February, we LOOKED at  What's In Our Medicine Cabinets.   In March, we LOOKED at our  All Time Favorite Amazon Finds.   In April, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Pet Peeves.   In May, we LOOKED at our  Morning Routines. In June, we LOOKED at our  Best Travel Tips. In July, we LOOKED at our  New Summer Finds. I missed out on August ๐Ÿ˜•. In September, we LOOKED at our  Evening Routines. In October, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT). In November, we LOOKED at our Stocking Stuffers. And for the last topic of 2023, we are "looking" at our TOP COMFORTS in life!  I'm a big believer in making the most of every single day, so here are a few things that truly "make" my day!  My famil

Let's Look: November 2023

Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with  Shay  and  Erika  to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives... In January, we LOOKED at  Scheduling/Organizing. In February, we LOOKED at  What's In Our Medicine Cabinets.   In March, we LOOKED at our  All Time Favorite Amazon Finds.   In April, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Pet Peeves.   In May, we LOOKED at our  Morning Routines. In June, we LOOKED at our  Best Travel Tips. In July, we LOOKED at our  New Summer Finds. I missed out on August ๐Ÿ˜•. In September, we LOOKED at our  Evening Routines. In October, we LOOKED at our  Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT). Today, we are switching up November and December's topics and discussing.... OUR STOCKING STUFFERS!  Caleb and I don't really have anywhere to hang stocking in our house, soooo we don't do a stocking for each other. However, Santa๐Ÿ˜‰ has always done a stocking f