Skip to main content

Let's Look: December 2023

 

Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm linking up with Shay and Erika to bring you one of my favorite posts of the month! Each month we blog and link up to let you "look" at different aspects of our lives...

In January, we LOOKED at Scheduling/Organizing.

In February, we LOOKED at What's In Our Medicine Cabinets. 

In March, we LOOKED at our All Time Favorite Amazon Finds. 

In April, we LOOKED at our Biggest Pet Peeves. 

In May, we LOOKED at our Morning Routines.

In June, we LOOKED at our Best Travel Tips.

In July, we LOOKED at our New Summer Finds.

I missed out on August 😕.

In September, we LOOKED at our Evening Routines.

In October, we LOOKED at our Biggest Fears (Irrational and NOT).

In November, we LOOKED at our Stocking Stuffers.

And for the last topic of 2023, we are "looking" at our TOP COMFORTS in life! 

I'm a big believer in making the most of every single day, so here are a few things that truly "make" my day! 

My family. 

Living away from my family has truly made me more grateful for them, and I cherish each moment we all get together. I know all too well that life is fleeting. Each second with them is so precious, and I want to enjoy all of it. 

My morning cup of coffee and quiet time. 

Before I go to bed each night, I think about my morning routine of getting my coffee and sitting down to read my bible. It's especially sweet right now with the Christmas tree shimmering right in front of me! 

Blankets.

(See picture above 😂.) If you are ever stuck on what to get me as a gift, just get me a blanket. I truly believe you can never have too many. 

Candles. 

I love candles. LOVE. That's another thing you could get me as a gift, because you can never have too many!!

My home. 

Well, that about sums that up 🙂. I am so grateful for our home and how we have made it ours over the last year. I know how truly blessed we are by this home, but I love who I share it with most of all! And really, there are very few places that I would rather be than at home. I'm very much a homebody, if you couldn't tell 😂.

Christmas. 

The lights. The joy. The TRUE meaning. The cold air. It's all so magical, and I can't get enough. 

Strolling the aisles of Target, Homegoods, or Trader Joe's. 

Let me loose in one of these stores, and I can do some damage! If these were the only three places I could ever go again, I'd be happy as a clam 😂.

Friday night Mexican. 

There's just something about chips, salsa, queso, a big plate of fajitas, maybe a margarita....but on a Friday night, ya know? 

Cooking a favorite meal. 

I have learned that if I'm cooking something I really love, or something I'm excited about cooking, I enjoy it a lot more. I think I really do like to cook, it's just that I have to be more intentional about the whole experience. 

Listening to music on a long car ride. 

With snacks, of course. And you know exactly who I'm listening to 😂. I love a car ride. Or even a plane ride. If I have my radio on, or headphones, my favorite snacks, and if I'm not in the driver's seat, a book, I'm good to go. Sometimes I don't even want to reach my destination quite yet, because I'm just enjoying the "getting there" part. 

Cute and comfy pjs. 

I think I sleep better when my pjs are cute and comfy. Lake pajamas are definitely my favorite pjs. I've decided from now on, when I buy pjs they have to be Lake 😂. 

Truffle fries. 

If truffle fries are on the menu, you can probably bet that I am going to order them. They're a nice little indulgence that I don't get very often, so when I do I enjoy every last bite. 

My skincare routine. 

If you didn't already know this, I love skincare. I'm a little obsessed. But, loving my skincare has made me not dread washing my face at night. I like to think I'm getting a fancy facial- but at home! 

A good glass of wine. 

In a pretty glass, of course! It's no secret that I'm a wine lover 😂. And to me, a "good" wine is one in like a $13-$30 range. I don't get super fancy. But a good glass with dinner, while cooking dinner, after dinner, in the bath tub, or in bed, is a nice indulgence every now and then! 

Watching a movie or TV show before bed. 

The very best part of my day is when we get in bed and turn on whatever show we're watching, or maybe a movie we've been wanting to see. It's that time of day when we have no other responsibilities. We can just relax and enjoy what we're watching. 

Do you see a pattern? All of these things are about the EXPERIENCE. I have learned that if you make anything you do an experience, it's a lot more enjoyable. Take the little things and make them big things!! Life is so so short, so we better make the most of it!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites {9.1.23}

  Happy Friday!! Happy SEPTEMBER!! And happy Labor Day weekend! Lots of HAPPY on this Friday morning!  As always, I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to bring you some faves from the week!  Well, I couldn't hold out any longer... Yesterday I put out the fall decor! (I'll have a full fall "home tour" up soon!) Isn't this just so cozy?? It may be 90 degrees outside, but inside my home you'd never know!  All the PUMPKIN coffees.  My favorite Starbucks order is a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. Once it gets a lot cooler, I'll switch to a hot PSL.  My morning coffee though...  I added a little pumpkin spice to the top! This mug is just so happy! (I can't find my exact one, but it was $5 at Target! (This one is similar, and I might even like it a little better!) If you caught my What's Up Wednesday post earlier this week, then you probably know that this.... is my favorite night gown!! I've washed it several times, though I don't recommend putti

Friday Favorites {12.8.23}

  Happy Friday, friends!! Today I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to bring you some favorites from my week!  If you missed yesterday's post, it was my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY! One year ago, I set out to do something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I have loved this year of blogging! If you come here each week to read my blog, THANK YOU!! I appreciate your support more than you know!  I have loved the truffles from Aldi, so when I saw these chocolates I knew I had to try them. They are AMAZING. I've been eating a bit of some each night after dinner! If you see them, grab them!  I think I feel more like an adult when I have fresh flowers in the kitchen 😂. These red carnations are so cheerful!  A couple months ago, Caleb decided we needed an espresso machine...so on Black Friday he found one on a pretty good deal and went for it. We're considering it our Christmas to each other 😉. Friends, I mean it when I say if I never go back to Starbucks again, I would